Saturday, December 17, 2011

God is not Dead nor doth He Sleep

I love Christmas music.  This song in particular, has a had a soft spot in my heart the last couple of years.  It's based on the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "I heard the Bells on Christmas Day."  He wrote it after the death of his wife and the crippling of his son during the Civil War.  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow knew what it was to suffer.
We can relate to his anger when he says :

And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, goodwill to men!"

But that is not the end, he remembers, we remember, "God is not dead; nor doth He sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, goodwill to men!"

Balm to our aching, weary souls...God is not dead nor doth He sleep beloved.  Be encouraged, be comforted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8xB1opuQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment