Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where is My Hope?

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. Psalm 42:11

This is not the type of post I want to make.  But, it's real.  I have been praying Psalm 42; I have been discouraged.  Medically speaking, nothing that's been prescribed/recommended has been helping.  It's pretty discouraging to feel that no one can help you.  But, that is when the Holy Spirit asks, "Where is your hope?"  If it lies in doctors, medicine, nutrition, etc, then I have every reason to despair.  If it lies in the living God, the resurrected Christ, the helping Holy Spirit, then my soul can still hope.  He has not changed!  He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).  The man that walked the earth healing and delivering has not retired.
So, while things may look bleak from my earthly standpoint, I am asking Him to help lift my vision higher.  He is faithful and true.
I often worship to this song when I am feeling overwhelmed.  When you have a moment, worship with me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWasM-Wj3Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment