Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bless the Lord

Today is a hard day. I am facing many circumstances that I don't like. I'm left wondering why. When things are particularly tough, I don't always like my reactions....self pity, discouragement and confusion just to name a few.  But, a wise man taught me that emotions are involuntary, instantaneous reactions.  He taught me that I don't need to get hung up on them, but rather that what I choose to do is more important.  So, I am choosing to bless the Lord.  That is always a good response.
What is going in your life?  What seemingly impossible challenges are you facing?  Will you take some time with me and bless the Lord? 
I love this song by Matt Redman, "10,000 reasons." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYLTn4fKYQ
I've listened it to several times this week.  But, singing along (in between tears) really does encourage my heart.  I hope it encourages yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment