Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finally, Finally...an Irrefutable Diagnosis

Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.  My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.  Psalm 63:7-8


There is so much I want to say.  Truly, I'm not even sure where to start.  Do you know anyone who has ever cried tears of joy when finding out that they have a terrible disease?  If not, you do now.  Last Monday, I received my latest lab test results: The Western Blot IgM test for Lyme disease.  It was positive by any standards.  The Health Department even contacted my doctor about me.  That was somehow validating.

I say "irrefutable" because I have been diagnosed with so many things that later proved to be incomplete or just wrong.  I was first diagnosed with hypo-thyroid, then two parasite infections and an H.Pylori infection, then insufficient adrenal gland function, then mononucleosis, then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, then Lupus which changed to Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease which changed to some type of Auto-Immune disease, Heavy Metal Poisoning, and then a Systemic Candida Infection.  Some of these things were correct, but they were not "THE" problem.  My understanding is that Lyme Disease is so overwhelming to the immune system, that other infections that the immune system usually keeps in check, are allowed to run rampant in the body.  I was so tired of fighting all of these things and then still being sick.  I prayed when I went to the lab a couple of weeks ago, that the results would be very clear, that I could know for sure whether I had Lyme disease or not.   And the Lord surely answered that prayer.

There are so many other wonderful details involved.  So many things that God did to bring me the answers I needed.  But, I don't want to overwhelm anyone that reads this, so I will save those for another time.  For now, I am so grateful to know what is making sick.  I started treatment a while ago (part of those details) so I am starting to see slow improvement.  I have a doctor here that I trust and we are moving forward with treatment.

Of course, it is terrible that I ever got Lyme Disease, that I ever got so sick.  But, I am so, so grateful to finally know what is causing it.  Thanks be to God who has worked miracles for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment